- The house-buying process in England & Wales
- The house-buying process in Scotland
- Newbuild homes: important lender requirements you should know
- Government affordable housing schemes
- For home-buyers
- For buy-to-let landlords
- Insurance requirements
- Tariff of mortgage charges
About payment difficulties
- What to do if you're worried about your mortgage
- The last resort: what happens if repossession does occur?
- Where to get help
Issues affecting lending decisions
- Properties of non-traditional construction
- Leasehold properties with short leases
- Properties liable for unknown future costs
- Solar panels
- Hazardous materials
- Invasive plants
The Council of Mortgage Lenders is not a consumer advice organisation.
We are sorry but we cannot answer individual queries.
We hope you find the general information on this page helpful.