Mortgage arrears and possessions conference
15 February 2013
|Follow CML events on|
Conference time: 0930hrs - 1645hrs
Location: Hilton Birmingham Metropole, National Exhibition Centre, Birmingham, B40 1PP (map and directions)
In association with:
The CML’s most recent set of arrears and possessions figures show some persistence in the positive trend we have seen since 2009. The number of possessions in Q3 was the lowest quarterly figure for five years and total arrears numbers remain below forecast.
However, the rising number of cases in longer term arrears continues to prove problematic. Combined with a range of economic and practical pressures, the industry faces a number of current and potential challenges when managing customers in payment difficulty.
The CML’s mortgage arrears and possessions conference will once again bring the industry together to discuss a variety of topics including the latest forbearance strategies, an update on regulatory guidance, prudential management, the courts service and many more.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Carolyn Howell, specialist homelessness advisor
- Nick Royston, risk specialist, Callcredit
- Teresa Scales, operations director, Connells Asset Management
- Nick Wood, senior policy adviser, Council of Mortgage Lenders
- Victoria Barnard, senior associate, mortgage policy, Financial Services Authority
- Paul Harris, deputy director for civil and family, and Liz Garlinge, Project Manager for PCOL and Payment By Account (PBA), HM Courts & Tribunal Service
- Lee Healey, managing director, IncomeMAX Community Interest Company
- Michael Javaherian, solicitor, head of advocacy, LPC Law
- Caroline Siarkiewicz, head of the UK Debt Advice Programme, Money Advice Service
- Brian Fairgrieve, partner, Morisons LLP
- Rhys Berry, head of collections and recoveries performance and control, deputy director of collections and recoveries, Santander UK plc
- Richard Ellison, partner, Dispute Resolution Group, SGH Martineau LLP
- Katharine Kimber, partner, TLT NI LLP
- Jeff McAdam, NRAM debt management, UK Asset Resolution
And sessions on the day include:
- The policy context for arrears and possessions
- The Court’s perspective
- Forbearance – a lender’s perspective
- Prudential guidance – update from the regulator
- Potential impairment indicators
- Proactive debt management
- FSA's MMR and arrears charges
- NI & Scotland update
- Changes to PCOL and payment by account
- An update from Money Advice Service
- Re-design of the benefits system - an update
- Legal changes
- Issues faced by local authorities
For the third year running the CML mortgage arrears and possessions conference will see an additional networking element for delegates to take advantage of in Birmingham. You can attend the dinner in addition to the conference, to maximise your networking opportunities with delegates and speakers. Please note the pre-conference dinner is restricted to conference attendees only.
14 February 2013, 1900hrs - 2100hrs
The evening before the conference, the CML will host a networking dinner (perhaps Valentine's themed!) for those delegates and speakers who are staying overnight, or local to Birmingham. This dinner is an ideal opportunity to meet fellow delegates in a social environment before the day, and discuss the most pressing issues for your organisation, over a three course dinner.
15 February 2013, 0930hrs - 1630hrs
The environment for lenders and borrowers continues to move at pace; our arrears and possessions conference will discuss in detail how lenders can continue to offer support for borrowers with detailed sessions listed above and expert speakers.
To book any of these sessions, simply click on the 'Book Event' button and select the option(s) when prompted.
Pre-conference dinner - 14 February:
£60 + VAT for members
£85 + VAT for non-members
Conference - 15 February:
£385 for members (VAT exempt)
£545 for non-members (VAT exempt)
A multi booking discount will be given to all members who book to attend all the above three sessions. Please note the discount will not appear until the booking is processed by the CML, therefore bookers will first see the discount on the invoice sent out.
Hilton Birmingham Metropole, National Exhibition Centre, Birmingham, B40 1PP (map and directions)
This event is closed to the press