The CML is the main trade body representing UK mortgage lenders. Our members are banks, building societies, and other lenders who together account for around 95% of the UK's residential lending. We are unable to provide answers to individual consumer queries, however the links below should help direct you to further information. We hope you find this useful.
- The house-buying process in England & Wales
- The house-buying process in Scotland
- Government affordable housing schemes
- Newbuild homes: important lender requirements you should know
- Newbuild and converted properties - requirements and considerations
- Mortgages to buy a home
- Tariff of mortgage charges
- Buy to let mortgages
- Insurance requirements
- Mortgage complaints
- Reporting mortgage fraud
- Transfer of mortgages from one provider to another
- Income verification for the self-employed
About payment difficulties
- What to do if you're worried about your mortgage
- The last resort: what happens if repossession does occur?
- Where to get help
- What happens when a couple with a joint mortgage divorce or separate?