CML launches new series of online courses
Published: 23 October 2013 | Author: Bernard Clarke
We have just launched a series of online courses to help lenders ensure staff understand current industry issues, including regulatory obligations and the impact of the mortgage market review (MMR).
Since 2004, we have worked in conjunction with Unicorn Training to offer a suite of cost-effective, practical e-learning courses focusing on key areas of regulation, compliance and other industry topics.
Designed to equip those working in the industry with knowledge tailored to help them carry out their role, the Mortgage Essentials suite is updated frequently to reflect the latest legislation and other developments.
Each course incorporates an interactive tutorial, with case studies to bring the learning to life and help transfer the course content to the workplace.
As well as covering topics like compliance, arrears and possessions and financial crime, the full Mortgage Essentials suite of e-learning includes:
- Exploring the mortgage environment, covering how properties are valued, different types of mortgages and how they are funded.
- Regulation of mortgage and home finance transactions, with content including the history of regulation through to the present day and an explanation of which products are covered by different legislation and regulators.
- Advising and lending responsibly, updated to cover the difference between advised and execution-only sales, how the new advice rules differ from the current ones, and what the new responsible lending rules cover – including the new affordability requirements.
- Handling mortgage and home finance complaints, which explains how the regulator defines a complaint and examines the strict guidelines a lender must follow to ensure that complaints are handled correctly.
- Mortgages: treating customers fairly (TCF), with content that sets out to explain what TCF means and how to implement it.
- Preventing mortgage fraud, focusing on how and why unscrupulous individuals commit mortgage fraud and how to prevent it.
- What equity release is and how it works, explaining how it is possible to capitalise on the equity locked into a property.
The Mortgage Essentials e-learning suite is available online via Unicorn’s SkillsServe Learning & Performance Platform, which gives users flexible access to suit their schedule. Courses can be tailored to set target completion dates and reminder emails, with extensive reporting and administrative features available to allow firms to track and monitor progress.
For 25 years, Unicorn has been a leader in the e-learning industry, as it evolves with each technological generation. As well as hosting content on the award-winning learning performance platform, SkillsServe, Unicorn can create bespoke mobile e-learning, enabling people to study anywhere, any time – and on pretty much any device.
If you’re interested in signing up or simply finding out more, contact firstname.lastname@example.org