Social Housing Rent Standard and Guidance 2016
Last updated: 8 Aug 2016
- Consulting body:
- Welsh Government
- Period of consultation:
- Runs from 17 June 2016 to 12 August 2016
- CML action:
- Response submitted
Welsh Government has announced it is engaging representative stakeholder bodies, including the CML, in a short consultation on changes to the Social Housing Rent Standard and related guidance.
Detail is in the document attached below, comprising:
- Covering letter
- Draft Social Housing Rent Standard (Wales) 2016
- Guidance on the Social Housing Rent Standard (Wales) 2016
- Original Policy for Social Housing Rents (December 2013)
Appendix 1 to the covering letter highlights specific matters on which views are sought, and includes consultation on the following:
- Fair Rents properties (defined in the document) to be excluded from the Standard
- Properties obtained via Section 106 agreements
- Properties let at social rent to be included in the Standard
- Properties let at other than social rent to be excluded from the Standard
- Tenure flexibility for RSLs to reclassify social housing as intermediate or market rent homes where assets have been funded out of their own resources, with no public subsidy or grant.
The CML response to this short consultation is available to view in the downloads section below, although we note that most of the proposals relate more to local authorities as registered social landlords and, as such, are of tangential interest to our members.